In case you hadn’t heard, the Ravens won the Super Bowl!!! So for my last football-inspired recipe, at least for the next 8 months, I just had to do something purple to celebrate the newest Super Bowl champs. And since I ate too many cookies and spent too much time on the sofa this weekend, it needed to be something healthy too.
Besides half a jar of grape jelly leftover from the meatballs I made at Christmas, the only purple food in my house this morning was a bag of frozen blueberries (why aren’t they called purpleberries?) so this smoothie was a no-brainer. I wanted it to be very purple, so I used a half a cup of blueberries, then added them to my standard smoothie ingredients of frozen banana, Greek yogurt, protein powder, and milk. So easy, so healthy, and oh so purple!
Now I’m off to the gym to work off my sins from this weekend..and to proudly wear my Ravens t-shirt!
- ½ of a frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ scoop (about 2 tablespoons) of sugar-free vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup of nonfat milk
- Place banana and blueberries in a blender and allow to thaw about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If it’s too thick to blend easily, add a little extra milk, about a tablespoon at a time.
- Serve immediately.